Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So much to do!

I love my job. I consider it a blessing to have a school to be the principal of each day. I love seeing kids eager to learn, and I think teachers are the most amazing people in the world. But I marvel at how much has to be done to make a school run effectively. Teachers have to have lesson plans, look a data to determine needs of their students, communicate with parents, be an encourager and mentor to kids that are not always appreciative of the effort give to invest in their lives. They also have to grade papers and then come up with new ways to present stuff that needs to be done again while at the same time challenge those who have already gotten it with ease. I haven't even gotten to the teaching in the classroom.

It is amazing what a teacher does every day, and I feel privileged to work with 70 fantastic ones each day. I can never express how much I appreciate what they do, and they probably wouldn't slow down from getting ready for the next day with their students, but I do love the teachers that work at Kennedy Elementary School. They are REMARKABLE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment