Thursday, August 27, 2009

My favorite things!


I have spent a lot of time visiting classrooms to see what our students have been doing. This week, I have been so impressed with the writing of our 3rd Graders. I was able to see a very good rough draft from one of our new students in Mrs. Watrous' class. She was writing about Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. Eeyore was one of my favorite characters when I was growing up along with Oscar the Grouch and Snoopy. She was not quite finished with it, but told me today at carpool that I would be able to read it tomorrow. I am very excited. I also was able to read a student named Vanessa's paper about her Golden Retriever. It was 5 paragraphs about the dog and why she loved her so much. My mother-in-law works with Golden Retriever rescue and would have been so proud of Vanessa's love for her dog. It was a very well written paper. All of our 3rd graders, along with every grade, have really been doing an amazing job with their writings. So that has been my favorite thing this week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment