Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 3

The parent meetings went really well. We had over 70 different families represented at the3 different meetings. All of the parents seemed eager to learn about the mission for the school year and were also eager to help us meet it. If you are a parent that wanted to come but were unable, we will be putting a video link on the website (www.barrow.k12.ga.us/kes ) in a few days. We will also be holding our curriculum night meetings next Thursday, August 13th at 6:00. This is the best way to find out exactly what your child will be learning at Kennedy Elementary School this year. You will also hear how you can plug in and help out with upcoming events and volunteering opportunities.
A week ago I said I couldn't believe that the new school year was going to start, and now I am just so excited to see that our students have hit the ground running. When I was walking down the halls today, I heard kindergarten teachers and students singing the letter song; I saw First graders creating flow-maps about the story they had just read; I witnessed 2 graders writing about why following directions is so important; I noticed 3rd graders working on math facts; Our 4th graders were learning the expectations for working in small groups effectively; while the 5th graders were discussing place value and whole numbers. All that was just in 1 walk around the school.

It is quite obvious to me that it is going to be a year filled with learning! The students have shown me in just 3 days that they are READY. We will continue to watch as they develop into RESPECTFUL and RESPONSIBLE young Dragons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment