Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank You Dr. Saunders!

Dr. Ron Saunders has been the Superintendent of Barrow County Schools for the past 12 years. He has decided to retire after 40 years in education. He has been responsible for some amazing changes in Barrow County schools over the past 12 years (The system has grown from 7,000 to over 12,00o students. We have added an Elementary School, Middle School and High School along with the ELC and PLC.). He was also the person who hired me to be the Principal at Kennedy Elementary School two years ago. I really appreciate him believing in me and giving me the support that I needed to feel that I could lead at Kennedy. He is a great leader and an even better man. I will miss him.

Today he came to Kennedy Elementary School to say, "Thank You" to each teacher and student. It was a great visit. The video above was the "Top 10" List we created for what he should do when he retires. I hope you enjoy it! The video below is our steel drum band playing Sweet Home Alabama! Dr. Saunders will be moving there in a couple years!

No comments:

Post a Comment