Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Madness!


I love March Madness!!! I am not a huge college or pro basketball fan, but there is something about March Madness in college basketball that gets me pumped up. I think it is how all the teams that make the tournament have a chance of winning the prize. Everyone of those teams, whether a #1 seed like Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky, or Duke or a #16 seed like Lehigh, Vermont, East Tennesee State or Winthrop, has a shot at the title. All the players are excited and committed to accomplish the goal of cutting down the nets in Indianapolis on April 5th. It is either that or the fact that in order to make it to the dance, each team had to has some victory to get rewarded the chance. It was either a conference championship like Houston and OHIO STATE or a great season with good wins like Georgia Tech and Washington.



It reminds me of the March Madness we have at Kennedy. Our students are excited and committed to accomplishing their goal of 800 or more on the CRCT. They all have a chance to do it and have made a commitment to see it through. They also have all had victories along the way. It may have been a 100 on a test or an "Exceeds Standards" on a benchmark test. It may have also just been an increase of 10 or 15 points from formative to summative tests, but everyone of our students at Kennedy can find a victory that they have had this year that will assure them that they have chance for the prize of getting 800 or more on the CRCT.


I also love doing a March Madness bracket. In my bracket, I have a final four of Kansas, Pittsburgh, Kentucky, and Villanova with Kansas beating Kentucky in the final. I tried to be the homer and go with my Buckeyes beating Kansas, but they just don't have enough depth. In my bracket at school, I have the Kennedy Dragons beating the CRCT in April with all of them getting an 800 or better. That would be AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment