Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 2010!!

Well today is the first day back after the holidays. I hope that everyone (all 5 of you) had a wonderful time with your family and friends and were able to have some fun.

It was wonderful to see all the smiling faces of our students as they came into school today. Some were bundled up so much that I could not tell who they were, but it was great to see all of the kids here today. I missed them!

We have hit the ground running today and have already started our push to get everyone ready for the CRCT that will take place in 61 school days. We are doing practice questions on the morning announcements and have added more practice tests on www.georgiaoas.org . There are now 45 practice tests for grades 1 & 2 and 75 for grades 3-5. If you have not been taking the practice tests, I highly suggest that you do. Our school's theme this year is "SLAM DUNKIN' THE CRCT!" We will be giving incentives for students who take and pass the practice tests on www.georgiaoas.org each week. Those students who take and pass all 30 of them (10 Reading, 10 ELA, and 10 Math) will get to throw something at Mr. Butcher (last year we did pies, but I don't know what I want thrown at me yet!) Practice tests on www.georgiaoas.org are one of the best things a parent can do to help their child get ready for the CRCT because it gives sample questions that mimic what they will see on the CRCT in April. We will be resending out your child's login and password on Friday of this week.

2010 will be a REMARKABLE year at KES. My church is doing a 20/10 Vision series, and I stole some of my pastor's (David Walters at the Vine in Braselton really brought it this past week!) material and asked Kennedy teachers to have 20/10 vision (Better than Normal) as we teach our kids. I want them to see more than just what they see in the classroom, but to look deeper into each child's potential. By doing this, we will really be remarkable and won't just achieve, but we will "OVERACHIEVE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment