Monday, January 25, 2010

100th Day!!

The 100th day of school is always one of my favorites. I don't why, but it just is. Even as a 5th Grade teacher, I would have activities and exciting things to do with my kids. One year, my math class had to spend 100 million dollars. Another year, I had my class write poems that had exactly 100 words. I also had one year that my class made "Trashion Show" outfits that had exactly 100 pieces of recyclables. I always just loved the day.
Well today was the 100th day of school at KES. It was supposed to be on January 20th, but got moved to the 22nd because of furlough days. It then got moved because of the snow day to today, January 25th!!
Even though it was delayed two times, it did not disappoint. It started with my Great Grandpa welcoming students into the building. (My Great Grandpa looks a lot like me in a grey wig, hat and cane.) The next thing was to have one of our Kindergartners, Anna Sears, read a 100 day poem that had exactly 100 words. It was fantastic. That was followed up by my morning walk around the building where I saw many projects that parents and students had done together that showed 100 items. One of my favorites was Lillie Johnson's in Kindergarten that had 100 pictures of herself. WOW!!!
I also heard that Zero Hero made a very special visit to all of the Kindergarten classes. He always comes on days that have a zero in the one's place. Today was special because there not only was a zero in the ones place, there was a zero in the tens place as well. I also heard that he had them all count to 100's by 5's and then gave each of them a $100 bill. Wow, I wish he would have visited me. As a matter of fact, I still have not seen him when he has visited. I keep telling the teachers to let me know, but I can never get down there to see him in time!!!

I love the 100th day!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment