Monday, July 27, 2009

The Night before!

Twas the night before teachers came back to school and this principal is hoping he's ready so he doesn't look like a fool.
The handbooks are ready and the schedules are too; the supply lists have been sent out and they all contain Elmer's glue.
The janitors have gotten the school all spiffy; because the teachers and students will be here in a jiffy.

I guess that is about all the poetry that I can muster right now.

I always got nervous the night before the kids came when I was a teacher and always got nervous before my first game of the year when I played ball. I get the same way the night before pre-planning and the first day for teachers. This night is NO exception. I can not wait until tomorrow, but I worry that I will not set the tone in a positive light or forget to tell them something that they need to hear to know that I appreciate them and love them. I always say that it doesn't matter if I am ready because they are coming any way, but I really want to be ready to make sure they know that I care for them and will do whatever it take to make sure they can be successful. When the teachers are successful and love the kids, the kids will all be successful.
It is going to be a remarkable year, and I hope it all starts tomorrow with a remarkable first day of pre-planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment