Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sorry I have missed a week, but I am very proud!

It has been a week since I last blogged about what is going on at Kennedy Elementary School. We now only have 7 more days of school left. It is hard to believe that the year has gone by so fast. We have gotten some preliminary scores back from the CRCT and I am very proud to say that we did very well again. I can not give out the scores as of yet, but I can tell you that we did very well with increases in 15 of the 21 areas that were scored. I am very proud of my teachers, students, and all of the parents who helped to get us ready.
I have always said that test scores only show a snap shot of what our kids can do and that it is unfair that so much pressure is put on our students and teachers to pass this test. I also have said I do know that it is the ONE area that we are judged in the media so that we better take it seriously.
The thing that makes me so proud is that every morning when I walk down the hallways at 5:00 am praying over the classrooms, I always pray for the safety of the kids and that they would have fun and be respectful to themselves and each other, but I also pray that the school would BELIEVE. I pray that they would believe that they can accomplish anything and that the would work hard to make sure it would happen. I am so proud because now the wonderful people that enter into KES each day KNOW that if they believe and work hard to accomplish what they believe in, there is NOTHING that can stop them. That is my prayer and my vision for Kennedy Elementary School: That each person that enters KES will believe that they can achieve anything that they put their mind and hard work to. I want them to be Ready, Respectful and Responsible and if they do that, Winder, Georgia and the rest of the world will see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment