Thursday, March 31, 2011

Great Night to Be a Principal at KES

Tonight was a great night to be the principal at KES. We have successfully celebrated 4 days of spirit week with only tomorrow's PINK OUT pep rally left this week. It should be a lot of fun as teachers, administrators, and students will perform songs that should hopefully get them pumped up to take the test next week. We also have over 100 students who have taken all of the practice tests and passed. All of them will get to throw a water balloon at me tomorrow at the pep rally. Those were all great, but the best thing was getting the email that let me know that 3 of the 6 elementary Young Georgia Author winners for the county came from Kennedy Elementary School. Levi Jones is the county Kindergarten winner; Anna Bagwell is the county 3rd Grade winner; and Kate Thompson is the county 5th Grade winner. I am so proud of each of these students and all the teachers. It does not surprise me that we have that many winners though because they have all worked so hard to improve their writing. It was just a great night to be the principal at Kennedy Elementary. I love me job!

No comments:

Post a Comment