Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Here we Come!

Today was the start of the NEW CALENDAR year for KES. We have arrived at 2011, and we have lots of work to do! We have only 38 more days (March 2nd)until our 5th Grade takes the statewide Georgia Writing Assessment and 59 more days (April 4th -8th) until our 3rd-5th Grade takes the CRCT. I challenged my teachers today to give their best each day because our kids deserve that. Even though it may get difficult, we need to push through and give EACH kid the best educational opportunity each day. I challenged them to not only believe that our kids will be successful with a surface-level type of belief, but to have a deeper kind of belief. "A belief that gets inside you and actually changes you. The kind of belief that changes your behavior, your attitude, and your outlook on life, and the people around you can't help but notice." Drew Brees.
I challenged them like the Atlanta Falcons to "RISE UP"!

I want my teachers to Rise Up and give the kids that come to Kennedy everything they got because these kids deserve it. I will also ask the kids to Rise Up and give these teachers everything they got, because the teachers deserve it. I know that they will and we WILL be successful.

I have that belief that has gotten inside me and changed me. It has changed my behavior, my attitude, and outlook on life; and I hope that the teachers and students can't help but notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment